Monday, August 26, 2013

A little too personal...

In what seems to be direct contrast to statements I have made about my own OCD / perfectionist tendencies, I am also a fairly laid-back, easygoing, non-confrontational type.  I've learned to pick my battles and often let things go that maybe I really should not.  That said, I have gotten comfortable doing thorough exams while working with pets that are moving around more than is ideal.  We often do not have a tech or assistant in the room during routine (meaning non-painful / non-stressful for normal, non-aggressive patients) exams.  There are times, however, when I find myself in more, er, personal contact positions than I intend...

Like the other day.  I was auscultating a very small breed puppy who belonged to a very large, amply endowed lady.  I was in my own little world of heart sounds when suddenly I found my hand, holding stethoscope, entrapped between the little dog's body and said well-endowment as the lady, presumably in a fit of lavish love, clutched said dog, hand, and stethoscope into her bosom...

1 comment: