Saturday, September 10, 2011

Redundantly Redundant

Today I realized that apparently God, in His infinite wisdom, knowing my extreme distaste for repeating myself, has seen fit to make me learn to deal with it.

Between taking care of my grandmother with Alzheimer's years ago, the children at work who make me feel as if I'm talking to a wall, my boss who hears what he wants to hear and remembers even less, the numerous people scattered through my life, and my mother who is showing signs of developing Alzheimer's, I think that the number of words that I use daily must have at least quadrupled just due to the necessity of repeating them over, and over, and over.

Most likely, I'll also get Alzheimer's when I get older then I'll repeat myself all the more. The bright side about that part, however, is that I won't realize it and everything will be constantly new and fresh....

No comments: