Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I'd like two testicles with that...

It's funny how things seem to come in themes. Lately it's been retained testicles and heart murmurs. I've done more dog neuters with retained testicles (one or both) in the past month than I've done regular neuters. In fact, I can count on one hand the number of dogs that were "normal"... Funniest part is that prior to this I've only done a handful total.

The other thing that keeps popping up is heart murmurs. A PDA, aortic stenosis, and now a probable pulmonic stenosis. Just a little weird and, surprisingly enough, most of my clients are actually accepting the recommendation for referral and treatment. Wow... Now, I'm beginning to think I'm in the twilight zone or something.

By the way, Can't Spell - OS, OD, OU would refer to the eyes, not ears which would be AS, AD, and AU... Just thought I should point that out. Knew you would appreciate it.

Today, I did a C-section on a goat. Been a while since I've done that. Never fails to amuse me how little the actual procedure resembles the pretty, very tidy pictures in all the textbooks. One of the biggest kids I've ever seen; he did not live but hopefully mom will be ok. There's just no way to make that a completely clean / sterile procedure that I can figure out.

2 comments:

Can'tSpell, DVM said...

Remember- Eyes are your thing! I just call them those creepy things...

Teagan Warren said...

Loved readinng this thank you