Sunday, March 4, 2012

Certain things really make me angry...

I am a very even tempered person and it usually takes quite a lot to really make me mad. I got very angry this past week because of an appointment. The young couple who I have met once before showed up at the clinic in a reasonably nice vehicle that looks newer than the one I drive. They had their three very young children with them, all decked out in cutesy matching outfits and riding in very nice matching buggies, you know, the two seater ones that will lay down and have gadgets on them. They brought their new puppy to get its rabies shot because they had purchased the other vaccine at the local feed store and given it to save money. By the way, can he have a bath? Oh, and check his ears. He most likely has sarcoptic mange starting on those ears but we need to go the cheapest route possible because we are both out of work right now...

At this point, no doubt y'all think I'm being a first class witch. I do understand needing to conserve and losing a job. So why did I get so angry? These were the same people that brought the puppy in last fall and surrendered it expecting it to be euthanized. The puppy that had sarcoptic mange but they never bothered to bring it until it was almost dead. The puppy that I was possessed enough to rescue and transport halfway across the country to its new home where it is happy and well.

The lady even mentioned the previous pup saying she was with Jesus. Took every fiber of my being not to say what I was thinking. When an animal is surrendered like that, it is our policy that the previous owner is not allowed to know the outcome; they forfeit that right. They don't deserve to know and they sure don't deserve such a sweet little new pup. I just hope they follow through with treatment...

1 comment:

Jono said...

Hopefully, Karma will win in the end.