Thursday, June 21, 2012

Those Vile Vials

I'm sure that most of the veterinarians and veterinary students out there are at least somewhat familiar with the AVMA PLIT newsletters that present multiple "Dr. A, B, C, D, etc." liability cases and their outcomes.  I'm also sure that I have commented more than once about my tendencies toward being a grammar and spelling Nazi...  I don't know how many of you read the aforementioned newsletter from June but if you did and were paying attention, the case where the vet saw a sick cat after hours and had the owner hold for a blood draw which ended with the owner sustaining injury from the cat had a nice, shall we call it a typo?  It stated that the vet turned to put the "blood into the viles" and the owner got bitten or scratched or something.  Last time I checked, "vile" is an adjective meaning something repugnant...

2 comments:

damia1966 said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! A friend and I/eye have been/bin compiling a list/Liszt of ... shoot/chute, can't/cant remember the term. We/wee had a good list, but/butt this one/won was new/gnu/knew. ;)

Dr. May B. Insane said...

Homonyms:) Love word play of almost any kind and always have.... Won a contest in grade school for coming up with the longest list of homonyms; it was fun and once you start it's almost impossible to stop!