Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A couple of different subjects

First of all, thank you to the flurry of people that have left comments the last couple of days. A big Thank You, as well, to EE for the link and the nice intro and shout out at your blog. Go give her a read, she is sooooooooo funny. Although she did get one detail wrong- I'm a GIRL. Though I never posted that, so that's ok. I also still get carded to attend R rated movies.... :)

I got bit the other day. Now, getting bit is part of my occupational hazard. Bit, scratched, kicked... This is well known in my profession, and we tend to regard getting bit as an EMT may regard getting yelled at, or an ER professional may regard getting bled on. There are few diseases I can get from my patients by saliva, with rabies being the biggie. With the result that I am the only person in my family that can say I've had my rabies shot(s). Gee, hear my tags ring? Anyway, I got bit the other day. I have a huge bruise on my arm with some paired teeth marks. You may ask, was it a mean dog? A cat? A horse? No, I haven't been bit by a cat, dog, or horse in a while. This was the mean bunny rabbit. And it wasn't at work, it was at home, where I raise rabbits. However, the result of this bite? I spent all day at work explaining to clients that no, a big, mean dog did not eat me, but a cute, fluffy bunny wabbit. Go figure.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That rabbit's dynamite. We'll not risk another frontal assault....

RT Scribe said...

We had a pet rabbit when I was a kid. She was called Nibbles and she was mean. I only tried to pet her once. She could beat up dogs. I thought that was cool.

EE said...

We get bit, too. Just for the record. :)

Lauren said...

Those suckers can bite hard when they're determined to. I've got a couple of scars from some wee little bunny rabbits.

Medic61 said...

Man, that's rough! At least your patients have an excuse when they bite you...ours don't :P

Love the blog. Found you from EE :)

Can'tSpell, DVM said...

I raise rabbits and have about 50 or so, and only one that even tries to bite. Go figure. Last show I was at, I saw one attack a judge twice and hang off his arm. Course, I've also had dogs hanging off my arm... :)