Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Witchy Fun Day

Y'all, I don't know what's wrong with me. Maybe stress has finally taken its toll and I've cracked. Maybe I've finally completely lost my mind (okay, so you have to begin with one in order to lose it). I just don't know...but all day today, yesterday, and starting Sunday night, I have found myself just letting loose with pretty much whatever I happen to be thinking at the moment. This is very atypical behavior for me. I'm a "stuffer"; I don't share my thoughts, views, or opinions with others - they belong to me. Besides, no one ever understands anyway...

Today, as an example, I went off on a lecture prompted by one of the kids expressing pleasure that one of her friends called a cell phone company and yelled and cursed at the sales rep resulting in their all getting new upgraded phones. I made it real personal by asking her to put herself in the scenario and set it in our clinic then ended by asking her how the results would make her feel if the shoe were switched. Then I pointed out that it's not all about her...

That's far from all that I've said and done but I thought it was a pretty apt example to get the point across. I don't do things like that. Usually I'd just let her talk and make no comments. What's gotten into me?

On a different note, today, for the first time in simply eons, I actually enjoyed an entire day at work. I'm sure it had to do with the fact that I spent the entire day in surgery and actually had owners that cared enough to let me do things right... It's amazing to me when I consider how relatively easy to please I am that I have managed to be so unhappy with work after being out for such a short time.

We shall see how tomorrow goes mostly if there will be enough to keep me busy and stop my little mind from wandering and allowing me to go along for the ride!

1 comment:

Jono said...

I can't let my mind wander. It's too small to be out by itself.