Monday, February 2, 2009

Waiting for the other shoe to drop

A friend of mine has had painful personal experience lately on the rule of three: when two of the same thing happens, a third usually occurs. Recent personal experiences of this include not having any patients hospitalized for months, than the week before last having THREE cats in the hosp all on fluids at once! Last year and this I've had THREE cats with lower mandible (jaw) osteosarcomas (a not-nice bone tumor). Or the three suspected Lepto cases together... or the three Parvos. So today I've already euthanized two dogs for various reasons. None that I really liked (not many GOOD reasons for euthanasia) but both reasons I can respect. We have no more appointments for this afternoon, so I'm wondering who/what the third for the day will be..........

Kinda scary.

1 comment:

Purple Stinky Onion (PSO) said...

i hate those kind of days too......it sucks but hang in there.

Purple